Issue regarding the behavior of vehicle.

I have successfully uploaded the 3D model of the autonomous vehicle along with its corresponding behavior code. The vehicle is adept at detecting hurdles and appropriately adjusting its orientation in response; however, a notable issue has surfaced. Regrettably, the vehicle's wheels appear to be penetrating through the hurdles.

In light of this, I kindly request you to provide some hints and promptly address and resolve this issue. Your prompt attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated

Hi Sidhartha, I am sorry to hear that the vehicle's wheels are penetrating through the hurdles. From your description I am having a hard time envisioning this issue clearly. Could you please include a screenshot of the behavior you are experiencing?

Hi Chris, As attached, below it is evident that the vehicle is passing through the obstacle set previously. Also the software has been laggy recently. It will be highly helpful if any suggestion to fix these issues are provided at the earliest. Thank you.

image.png

Screenshot (44).png

Hi Sidhartha, I understand. I believe that this will interact with the obstacle you have placed in the environment by changing the property of the vehicle for the Is Static property from True to False. I have included an image in my response where the change would be made on your object as an example. As a reminder though, for the competition, there will not be any obstacles on the course other than the barriers and the other vehicle.

image.png.eb1b15cc28086dcdf6ff7cb7e0b8859d.png

Hi Sidhartha, it is difficult to provide suggestions or hints for this as it is the purpose of the simulation portion competition to come to this functionality. The blocks that will be the most helpful to you in this endeavor are the Motion Commands of Move Forward, Rotate by, Distance to forward obstacles, and the Vertical and Horizontal Angle to forward obstacles blocks. This combined with some logic and controls should be the crux of your design for the XRC competition. I hope this was helpful

Hi Chris, As mentioned in the how-to-do video, there are specific tags to be used in Ocean Clean up challenge for collecting the trash. Are there any such specific tags to be used to detect the barriers or boundaries in the track of Autonomous Vehicle challenge? Or simply we need to code using forward distance from obstacles. It's because in the track the other vehicle will also be there and detecting the obstacle will also include detecting the other vehicles too. Will the obstacles at the boundary have any certain tags?

Hi Sidhartha, there will be no such obstacles in the XRC competition. Only the track. There will be no obstacles. The code using forward distance from obstacles should be the only other detection method that you need.

Hey Chris, for producing the bill of materials for Ocean Clean up challenge, do we need to only attach the sheet containing details of components used and their respective prices, or do we have to attach a proper bill from retailer of all the components used? Please resolve this confusion as soon as possible.