Warnings

LabSimBuilder

I am working on the free version of Hyperskill and will periodically receive warning message when I try to enter the edit mode on a simulation. I am the only user on the system (or so it seems!) so its not clear to me why I get the message and then what the consequence of the override is:

Someone is currently editing this simulation. Please try again later.

I then have to override the warning to get into the simulation.

Can you provide an explanation as to what is happening and what can be done to correct it? thx 

Hi there, so what is happening is you are likely not exiting the application properly while inside of the simulation. This message is meant to be a warning to users that are working collaboratively as having two users making changes simultaneously is currently not supported. We are working to improve our detection system if people are inside of a simulation which should improve false positives like this but it currently only checks to see if the last person who joined the simulation left properly.

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Hi there, so what is happening is you are likely not exiting the application properly while inside of the simulation. This message is meant to be a warning to users that are working collaboratively as having two users making changes simultaneously is currently not supported. We are working to improve our detection system if people are inside of a simulation which should improve false positives like this but it currently only checks to see if the last person who joined the simulation left properly.

Are you referring to exiting from the simulation editor part of the application or from the application simulation itself?  

In the upper right hand corner you can leave the simulation and be taken back to the home screen by the X button in the upper right. This is how the application knows that you have finished working within the space. If you leave the application through another method, such as closing the application, the message that you have finished editing is never sent so it thinks that someone is still in the simulation working.

image.png.e5b6067fbfc72afe95d96803e03a86c6.png