Facsimile Simulation of Fluid Transfer

LabSimBuilder

I'm trying to simulate the transfer of fixed volumes of fluid from one container to another. Hyperskill does not currently support fluid transfer processes. A simulation (or facsimile) material handling transfer process could mimic an actual pipetted fluid transfer process.   

As we discussed in  a recent training session this could be simulated by utilizing a transfer device (in this case the blue pipette) that would acquire a fixed volume from a location ( the yellow cube on the top of the stack on the LHS of the table in this case) and transfer the volume to a new location on the RHS of the table. This would be repeated until the volumes were transferred to the new location on the RHS of the table (with the blocks being stacked in reverse order on the RHS side of the table).

image.thumb.png.432457f5a6193f2755d9082873a499c6.png

In our discussion it was suggested that "collide" would be an appropriate choice as the transfer function. I have tried a number of times to implement the collide function without success. Could you kindly provide the state and transfer logic to accomplish the above task. This appears to be a simple modification of the Tower of Hanoi example used in the training session; however, I've been unable to make it work and it is a necessary concept that is important for any and all fluid transfer processes. 

I'll pass edit control of the simulation and pipette VO to you. Thx. 

Thank you. I have finished my practical example of your task with the simulation. The first thing I did was I added an empty Test Tube that I had on hand. Then I added 3 Hitboxes to it at the top, middle, and bottom of the tube. I am using the red cubes as a replacement for the blood in this case. Their default property is snapped into the test tube so that when the simulation starts they will be organized as shown below.

image.png.3602690bb58e2823e18577bfc8eed34a.png

For the state actions, I used collide to facilitate the transfer of the blood from one test tube to another one red cube at a time.

The entire graph looks like this:

image.thumb.png.49d3ab00f8f4f69c49fa95aee9a02640.png

All the events contained within are very similar, for the collision events it is always the Pipette with either Test Tube 1 or Test Tube 2.

image.png.bf70ee380174ec1b52edbc233ffe4218.png

The Set Attributes are the transfer of the red cubes from either Test Tube into the Pipette or vice versa.

image.png.3dee9595aa721f1948c4ba335d7f8c95.pngimage.png.d9dbfbc491b8540a957bc99208c426aa.png

All of these changes have been made in your simulation and should be available for your review. I hope that this helps.

The asset was made by a 3D artist within our company. It is being worked on by the art team internally and should make its way to the public repository in the near future.

In the mean time, I can share it with you, please respond to the private message I sent you about your HyperSkill id.